Monday, September 5, 2016

Reserve off Orimuskatu, (at the end of Orimuspolku) Atala, Tampere

I don't actually believe in God and even if I did I doubt I would imagine Him sending me off to find particular internal reserves as though it were some kind of holy mission. However, the curious force that persuaded me to get on the wrong bus going to another place far, far away from where I intended to go but at which was an entirely new and unexpected IR, was surely not a sinister force.

Google maps doesn't recognise the laneway, Orimuspolku, at the end of which this space lies. At the time I visited - between 5:30 and 6 - Orimuspolku was filled with children on bikes, 8-10 of them, between the ages of about 3 and 9 I'm guessing. No idea, really what they'd been doing or where they'd been. By the time I got to the actual park space a lone woman and dog were just leaving, thanks.





Understand that I have no special knowledge of Finnish other than that provided me by google translate. I gather from this that this park is a 'collector park', whatever that means; that it operates as a 'skating rink'. The last lines are a number and email address for anyone observing 'vandalism and damage'; the last line reads: 'Please note winter conditions!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kabbera Central, Kelso, NSW

Look at it here.  Kelso is essentially a suburb adjoining the regional city of Bathurst but it has an identity greater than mere adjacent su...